Chance Glass began in 1824, when the British Crown Glass Company was purchased by Lucas Chance. He originally made his fortune in sheet glass, having ‘poached’ workers from the French glass industry.
Glass for the Crystal Palace, which housed the Great Exhibition of 1851, was supplied by Chance Brothers, and by 1884 the company was employing about 2000 people. The company also produced lighthouse and optic glass. In the 1930s, Chance began to produce domestic pressed glass to compete with that of Czechoslovakia.
During the 1950s the company was taken over by Pilkington Glass, and glass produced from 1952 to 1981 has become highly collectible.
Legacy Antiques stocks a wide variety of the items produced by Chance Glass.
Items 1-12 of 40